|Distance: 1.1 miles
Race date: Sat Jan 10 2015
Start time: 9:00am
Cutoff time: 60 minutes
Water temp: ~82° F
Entry fees: Adult: $20USD or 250 pesos on event day
Youth (17 & Under): $7USD or 50 pesos on event day
|Dec 10 2013
Last day for rollover credits
T-shirt for all participants.
|The Sharkfest Series has gone INTERNATIONAL! This not-to-be-missed tropical adventure will take place in beautiful Troncones, Gro., Mexico. The event will be an untimed, non-competitive affair where everyone swims together as a group. The swim will start in the sleepy village of Majahua, go out around Point Majahua and then finish in front of Hacienda Eden in Manzanillo Bay. Who can pass up an opportunity to swim in Paradise and finish at Eden? We are asking for a small donation from each swimmer to cover the cost of t-shirts, power boat captain fees, etc.
Race Day Details
All swimmers will be required to check-in and pay their donation fee at the swim finish at Hacienda Eden before the start of the swim. Then you will all walk together about a half mile to the start in Majahua.
Swim Support Volunteers
Any paddlers, surfers, or kayakers should meet at Majahua Beach at 8:45 am. Extra paddleboards and kayaks may be available for those that don't have their own.
Directions & Parking
Parking is available at the Hacienda Eden which is located approximately 40 kilometers (24 miles) north of Zihuatanejo:
- Follow Highway 200-North from Zihuatanejo.
- You will go out of town and up a big hill, at the top of the hill is an exit for Lazaro Cardenas to the right, take it!
- After about 24 Kms or 15 miles you will pass the village of Buena Vista (you have already passed Salitrera and Pantla), continue on for about 6 kilometers (4 miles).
- After a church on your left, and some bee hives on your right, begin looking for the TRONCONES sign.
- Turn left and continue on a small two lane paved road road for 3 kilometers (2 miles) to the village proper.
- Turn right at the beach and pass over a bridge, follow the road for 4 kilometers (3 miles) (you will pass, Casa Ki, La Casa de La Tortuga, La Casa Delphin Sonriente and Regalo del Mar and many many others), after a bit you will come to a fork in the road; stay on the right, and you will find us after a quarter of a mile more on the left, we have a very long green wall, you can’t miss it. It should take you about 50 minutes to arrive from the airport.
Any items that you bring with you to the swim start will be transported back to the finish for you by a support vehicle.
Jardin del Eden
2014 Swim Finish
|Course Map (Click map to enlarge)